So far so good we are moving forward guys. I have been receiving interesting responses from people and I am really enjoying it.Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts with me .I really appreciate you all ....muah!
Music,Music,Music,hmmmmm.....someone once said 'if music is the food for the soul, let it play'. The most universal language ever spoken on planet earth. A very important part of our daily lives.Wonder what life would be without it. spookie...maybe?lol..Our perceptions deffer when it comes to music so feel free to share how you feel. Won't like to bore you with definitions of music, just want to share my thoughts briefly on the subject matter.
Yes, I love music so much. Every genre that ever existed. I sing and I harmonize very well. Though i like some genre more than the others. For instance, you will find me listening to some Soul and 'RnB' most often than you find me listening to 'Makosa' loool. My love for Brandy Norwood ,Chris Brown,Mariah Carey,Late Withney Houston, Anthony Hamilton ,Baby face, Boyz2men will never die. I love these artistes for their tunes,harmonies,ad libs and octaves.
I grew up in a house of music,where my dad bought all kinds of music,he bought everything that sounded nice. we go from the great pop icon Late Micheal Joe Jackson, 'off the wall' and BAD to Bob Marley and the wailers,Lucky Dube, Jill Scott, Aretha Franklin,Tracy Chapman.We had all the latest albums from Chief Ebenezer Obey,King Sunny Ade,Orlando Owoh,Sir Shina Peters,Yvonne Chakchaka, Late Mariam Makeba, Lagbaja, Kwam 1 to mention but a few.
As a young girl, i enjoyed the tunes from these artistes and did lots of sing along with my siblings.In fact, the memories are evergreen.Those were good old days,it felt so good and we had fun.
Life experiences and maturity soon changed that thought. It came to my realization that music is more than the rhythm and the instruments. It is deep. It is sometimes the combination of the state of mind of the artiste and his/her personal experience.Sometimes these thoughts matches ours and we feel it more than the next listener. We listen to some types of music when we are happy and we also listen to some when sad. It depends on our state of mind.
For me music is a lot, it's a hiding place when i am going through things, it helps when i need to be inspired and more. I feel i speak for everyone when i say music is a reminder of happenings and times of our lives.
I was with a colleague yesterday when a song came up on her system and she briefly told me her experience about the song.She had recalled that it was the song her friend's dad kept singing when he lost his wife to cancer some years back.(Babyface-everytime i close my eyes ft Mariah Carey) . Touching, if you ask me...it got me thinking a lot about thoughts that were running through his mind at that time in his life.
It is true we cannot do without music.So,i'd like to know,what music means to you?What genre do you like,who are your fave artistes,What does it do for you,What do you remember when you hear a particular song?
Lets keep it rolling...I cant wait to read your thoughts...
#Lovemusic #itsuniversal #soulfood #musisislife
Have a Nice day...PEACE!

Music is life...I love all Genres of music.
ReplyDeleteCurrently listening to Coldplay-Ghost Stories(Album)
Music is safe...Eric Clapton.
I come from a music family literally..
ReplyDeleteevry1 sings nd i'm gud alto singer, music inspires me, makes me alive
And speaking of genres, hip hop aint my thing at all, i love soul blues
Music is like weed,never harmfull.
ReplyDeleteMusic..... d food for d SOUL
ReplyDeleteMusic is a universal language... fact of all facts. I recently fell in love with an indian song, and I knew nothing they were saying inside. Otiringo- tiringo- sunita sunita lai lai hoo la la wigi wigi wigi hian. Lmao. Who knw wetin them dey yarn.. e sha sweet
ReplyDelete@ Mr P- shut up. Didn't u drop out. Olodo rada rada
ReplyDeleteHe don't dropped out. I know him
ReplyDeleteMusic is my best friend. When i'm alone, with music i'm not lonely
ReplyDeleteI love music alot, my favourite artistes are R. Kelly, 2Baba, Asa and all the hits from Whitney Houston. Music have a way of giving one #SpiritualHealing
ReplyDelete